Sunday, 2 May 2010

WLC Update - please read WLC girls!

I've had a shitter of a week where everything that could've gone wrong has. I've been getting upset about my ex best friend and feeling like a big fat failure again.



But for once, I've stepped back and noticed what it's been doing to me - mentally and physically.

Feeling unhappy has caused me to binge eat and let my room get in a massive state.

Letting my room get into a state has left my thoughts feeling muddled and messy whenever I'm alone.

My thoughts being muddled has caused me to slip back into thinking about my ex best friend and how much she hurt me and how angry I am.

These thoughts made me feel incredibly apathetic and unmotivated, so I didn't even think about doing exercise.

I just got more and more down, and binged more and more, and ignored the fact that I was setting myself up for failure once again.

But I've also had something of a revelation over the past few days. I looked back over my life and thought about times when I'd been really happy. These times had always been when I was in the process of losing weight. The times when I'd felt saddest and bad things had happened invariable coincided with massive weight gains.

The point of this post is because I think everyone should appreciate how important it is to make yourself happy and put yourself first - especially when you're trying to lose weight. You CAN NOT lose weight from a place of self-loathing. You can only lose it when you're proud of yourself for choosing to make the change, and when you have realised that you are, in fact, worthy of the trouble. You deserve to be the best you can be.



With that, my challenge this week for WLC girls is this -

Do something this week which you know will make you happier. It could be something small like treating yourself to a new nail polish, or something bigger like taking a long walk with yourself, or something massive like looking for a new flat or buying a new pet! Just do something that will make you feel better about yourself, and tell me what you've done and why it's going to make you that little bit happier.


I'm joining the gym tomorrow because I fully feel it will bring me out of my slump. I can't wait to feel the endorphins kick in and feel energised and excited about continuing my weight loss journey.

Good luck everybody and keep smiling =)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your weeks been so crap, but I really admire that you've addressed it :) and I agree that you've got to have self worth to change yourself for the better.
    Weldone on joining the gym babe, I think thats brilliant and such good motivation.
    Looking forward to coming up with something for the challenge.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll give you a cookie =)