Sunday, 17 January 2010

To all make up bloggers!


I had an argument/debate with my mum last night about makeup. She feels that women/girls only wear makeup to appear attractive to other people. I mentioned all you makeup bloggers, and how for many of you it's a hobby/obsession (in a good way). She couldn't get her head around makeup use being fun, and in many ways an artistic/individualistic expression. So I wanted to ask (back me up here girls) why do you love makeup, and why do you wear it?

3 comments:

  1. HI! First of all, thanks for highlighting something whoch quite a lot of people hear. I'm a new beauty blogger (please follow me btw) and I just want to say that just like anything else, makeup is an art and a face is a canvas. Makeup isnt just about maing yourslef attractive (although that plays a HUGE role) but it's about creating individuality and expressing personality. Me, I wake up everyday looking forward to thinking of what look I'm to create that day. Hope this helps and please come check my blog out. Love, DB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me I wear makeup because I enjoy the creativity you can have when creating a 'look'. I like to use makeup to enhance features on my face that I like and play down those I don't. I will not use it to hide behind.

    It's fun, a hobby. I can leave the house without makeup and personally I think if there ever comes a day I can't leave the house without a face full of slap I want help.

    Makeup's fun, that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me its an outlet. I'm a mom to three kids and doing my face is my "me" time - if that makes any sense. Playing with colors makes me happy. Plain and simple :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll give you a cookie =)