Thursday, 4 February 2010

WLC Week 4 - Brought to you by the words "meh", and "geh", and the number 2.

First things first, I have had a crap, unproductive week. Me and the boyfriend nearly broke up, AGAIN, because he was going through my phone while I was out of the room. I didn't eat loads but I didn't eat great things, and I felt pretty sure I'd put on weight. And I have.

Only 2lbs, which at my size isn't a lot, but it still makes me feel a bit meh. I've decided I need a little more structure with what I eat, so today, finally getting a burst of motivation, I looked out my old slimming world books. I've always thought slimming world was the best weightloss class around, having tried weightwatchers, cambridge diet, rosemary conley etc and not being able to imagine doing them long term. Slimming world doesn't forbid anything (much like weightwatchers), but the science behind slimming world is what gives me great faith in it. It's mainly concerned with how you mix your proteins and carbohydrates, and essentially seperates them into different days. You can still have small amounts of protein on carb days, and vice versa though.

So, yeah. I looked out my old slimming world books, went through them for at least an hour, and compiled SEVERAL lists. 2 pages to remind me of the rules for different days. A shopping list for each week. And 2 pages of meals I could make for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Like I said, I need structure. I'm not a particularly organised person generally but I really wish I was. So I have these little spells of perfectionism. Geh.



I didn't manage to do Cat's challenge this week and I'm bummed out about it. I have no motivation or inspiration =( It's my own fault and I need to give myself a kick up the backside but I'm finding it hard. How do you all motivate yourselves to get up and exercising? If you've got any words of advice I would be very very grateful for them.

As for the recipe challenge, I'm really sorry but I am THE most basic of chefs. I can cook all the usual things, but I don't want to patronise people by putting up a recipe of how to cook a spag bol or a baked potato...

Also, I just wanted to say thankyou for the big response to last week's post, in particular Cat's reply. He's been better this week as I think he's finally realised how unhappy being this size makes me. We'll see how it goes on.

Good luck to everyone for the next week!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry honey, it'l come off :) I have faith in you! I think meals are alot easier to stick to when you've planned/organised them in advance, weldone for doing that.
    As for exercise, have you tried a workout DVD and perhaps just doing 10-20 minutes a day then gradually work it up. I thnk doing exercise motivates you to do more 'cause you feel good after :).
    Hope you have a good week.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll give you a cookie =)