Saturday, 27 March 2010

WLC Week 11 - Shredding, Biggest Loser, and Chocolate Friday!

Hello lovelies!

I've had a pretty good week this week. I've lost 3 lbs, and on Monday I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred, which of course everyone's talking about. Last Friday I decided that maybe Friday would be the day each week that I'd allow myself a little treat, and it's really worked. All this week when I've felt like I could absolutely die for some chocolate, I've been able to tell myself I only have to wait til (Chocolate) Friday.

Now, the Shred. The first day I did this workout, I thought I was going to die. I've always thought that while not being great at cardio, I was pretty strong.




Nope.

I don't have any 1kg weights at home, so had to use 3kg weights. As someone who's asthmatic, pretty out of shape and has huge annoying boobies, I found it pretty damn hard going. I did have to stop more times than was necessary, and had to swap my 3kg weights for tins of beans at certain points! The next day I could barely move, let alone climb the stairs.



However, I've soldiered on. I love Jillian Michaels, I love the shred, and I think it's a brilliant workout. I don't know that I'll ever get to level 2 though! I love how you can feel your muscles getting tighter, and your body changing even after only one week of working out.

I've also started downloading an old series of US Biggest Loser (series 4 I think). I'm finding it so inspirational watching them lose weight week to week, and seeing how hard the contestants work and taking in all the trainers' tips. It's really helping me keep motivated.

And now, Cat's challenge is to post some pictures of thinspiration. I can't ever imagine myself wearing a bikini, or looking as slim as a lot of the other girls have posted. So, with that in mind, I'm going to post some before and after pictures of some of the contestants on The Biggest Loser, so I can remind myself that anything's possible.







Now that's what I call thinspiration =) I've lost 1 stone 4lbs so far, and have no intention of stopping. Thank you so much Cat for the WLC!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing work hun! Well done. Those are truly great photos for thinspiration because they're real people who have worked so hard for it. Fab! Can't believe you used 3kgs on the shred though. I only use 1kg and it still hurts me. I've missed a day though.. need to hop back on the shred wagon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant work :) keep it up. Everyone's doing the shred, I think its about time I joined in! Weldone on the loss and I think its fantastic your allowing yourself a treat day, I may take that onboard as I found it difficult this week knowing I'm not gonna have a break :).
    Them pictures are so inspirational, we'l be up there one day haha!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those before and after shots are insane!!! Great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll give you a cookie =)