I'm going to have a grumble in this post. Mainly about myself and my so-called willpower.

I have been sticking religiously, unconditionally to this diet. I was really pleased with my initial weight loss in the first 2 weeks (12lbs). However, I think losing so much so quickly made me complacent.
I was basically jumping on the scales every morning in week 9 and feeling totally frustrated when nothing was coming off.
So, on Saturday, when I was still 16 stone 12 in the morning (and grossly hungover) I just thought "Fuck it!". That evening I had a curry, naan bread, rice, maltesers and sweet popcorn. Even as I was eating it I could feel my stomach expand, felt all my hard work going to waste, and yet I kept eating and had more.
It's times like these that really scare me. I am so unhappy with my weight. So desperate to get it off. Yet I'll stuff my face the minute I feel a tinge of weakness. What's wrong with me? I didn't even attempt to fight the craving, I was just like "Yes, I'm doing it, I want to do it."
Thankfully, the next day I managed to pick up my diet (somehow). I am doing a high protein, low carb diet. It's what has always worked for me in the past and I generally enjoy doing it and find it the most effective way for me to lose weight. I guess I felt disillusioned that I'd not lost up until Saturday morning (though actually, I think it came off in inches), and just felt like giving up.
So, overnight, I managed to put on 4lbs. Getting on the scales yesterday morning I was relieved to see I'd already got rid of 2lbs, which puts Week 9 at a gain of 2lbs. Hopefully by Friday it will have levelled out.
I've got a job interview Friday - how do you guys normally dress for interviews? It's in an office, not really really professional but I think I'll need to be looking smart. And how do you guys normally do your makeup for interviews? I feel like my usual is too much, but I'll feel less confident without it.
Hope everyone did better than me this week!
Hi hun, blimey what a week! At least you've managed to lose that 2lbs again, you should be proud of yourself for getting straight back on track.
ReplyDeleteIn terms of the interview - I work in an office but as it's advertising it's pretty laidback. I wear skinny black trousers, flat boots, a blouse or jumper of some description and usually a little black blazer. If I'm meeting a client I wear heels. Make-up always really neutral and tend not to bother because I only work with guys who wouldn't appreciate it anyway! You've got to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in though because that's when you'll come off best. Good luck for it! Sure you'll be fab XX
You should feel proud of yourself for getting back on track the next day :). I think we've all given into temptation too quicky and sat and stuffed our faces (I know I have!) but it's how you change it around afterwards, which you did brilliantly.
ReplyDeleteKeep smiling & try keep busy and build a routine to help you stay focused. Also limit yourself to when you get on the scales, as although you know water weight is temporary it doesn't make you feel any better.
As for your interview, dress smart & wear neutral makeup :) good luck!
Have a good week sweetie.
X