Lately I've been really feeling the urge to blog again - not about anything in particular and not really for anyone else. I feel like my life is about to become quite uncertain and take a big leap pretty soon, so I wanted to start my blog again to clarify and record what's going on right now.
I work for the office for national statistics (them what did the census, innit) in a fairly well paid job for someone with a creative writing degree. My contract is up at the end of September and at that point I have to decide whether to stay at ONS (but go down 3 grades and take a massive 6k paycut) or, essentially, fuck off to London and take my chances.
I'm desperate to get into publishing in London. Books are my love and writing is my passion. No other career grabs me at all and I just want to be doing something I really care about. Unfortunately, publishing is one of the very hardest careers to get into - you must have work experience but publishing work experience is incredibly hard to come by! I have sent off at least 30 submissions for work experience alone and heard diddly squat back. So I think the answer might just be to go to London, stay in my parent's flat, camp out outside alternate publishers everyday and brandish my CV in every person who walks out of there's face. They may not like me but hey, they'll definitely remember me.

I still feel held back by my weight too, which is going nowhere fast. I am in a constant cycle of lose a stone, put on a stone, lose a stone, put on a stone. Thankfully I've not gone over the 18 stone mark and am maintaining pretty well (and have been for 3 years) but I am so not comfortable at this weight. I recently started seeing a personal trainer who has been making a real difference in the way I view exercise, so I am at least far healthier than I've been for a long time.
I'm just waiting for that miracle moment that I know I need, for something in my brain to click and for me to suddenly have that intense motivation and drive that I had before when I lost 4 stone. I know it's inside me but it hasn't pushed its way to the surface for years. I miss feeling like I can do anything!

So there we go, a little update. I may do a weekly weigh in and little posts here and there, but I think the reason I stopped blogging was because I really didn't know what to write about. I'm really not a makeup guru (my make up is the same every day) but I love reading the make up blogs and I do buy shit loads of it, I'm not a fashionista but I buy a hell of a lot of clothes and shoes, and I'm obviously not a fitness expert as I'm tipping the scales! I'm just going to blog for me and hope that people find it interesting.
Adios amigos ;-)
Hi :) So you posted this over a month ago now but I thought I'd just say hey and ask how everything is going? You can definitely lose the weight - if you've lost 4 stone before you can do it again!! Hope all is good! Becca xxx
ReplyDelete