Tuesday, 12 January 2010

A little about me


Hello there! My name's Cat, I'm 22 and grossly overweight. I've started this blog because I've been feeling very "in a rut" lately. I graduated from University in the summer and since then have failed to do anything much with my life at all. I want to be a writer, and my degree was in creative writing, but obviously I couldn't just bang out a bestseller and become famous the minute I left Uni. Though that would've been nice...

Anyway, I finally feel a bit of inspiration and motivation creeping up inside me. This has been very rare of late so I feel extremely excited. I used to be so full of ideas and willpower but in the last 2 years it's all eeked away. I'm hoping to reclaim it from now on. 

There are a few reasons for my newfound motivation. One, I had an argument with my so-called best friend over facebook messaging tonight (because she's too scared of confrontation to pick up a phone), and it's finally made me realise that she is a bad friend. Full stop. I spend too much of my life worrying about her and keeping in contact with her when she doesn't seem to care one bit about me. So, fuck her. It feels incredibly liberating to label her as what I've always known she is, but ignored - a self involved, self righteous, and downright selfish arse candle.

As a result of this argument, I rang a good friend, who made me feel a lot better. I've been feeling fairly lonely at the moment as none of my best friends live around me anymore, but talking to Frankie totally kicked me out of feeling sorry for myself. I have some absolutely amazing friends, and just because they're not around doesn't mean that they don't care about me. Frankie actually made me feel worth something for once. And as a result, I feel it's worth holding onto that feeling for as long as I can, and making something positive out of it.

Finally, I stumbled upon a fabulous blog under a different blogger account that I use, http://catslittleobsessions.blogspot.com

Her weight loss challenge post and video completely inspired me to finally get off my arse and make the most of myself. It's too late for me to join in officially, so unofficially I will be keeping up with it on here. I think it's a brilliant idea and she's a wonderful lady for wanting to help so many people. There should be more people like her =) There's too much bitchiness around where weightloss is concerned. It's entirely refreshing to see someone who really cares, and doesn't judge.

So she said to post 3 things we like about ourselves. As my webcam is currently out of action, I will quickly blog them here, and then hopefully fix it in time to do a vid for tomorrow =) It feels good to be doing this, and doing in entirely for myself. 

So!

Number 1: I like my hair. It's massive and frizzy and a pain. It's always out of control and tends to look like an electrocuted poodle on occasion. But no one else has hair like it - it's my identity and it's my way of standing out. Everyone always remembers me because of my hair, even if they've only ever seen me once. 

Number 2: I do like my writing. I don't do enough of it lately but I feel I write well, with a strong voice. I loved my creative writing degree and miss it terribly. 

Number 3: I like that I'm generally a very happy and optimistic person, who is always wanting to help her friends. Even if I'm not having a particularly great day, I won't take it out on others. 

Whew! That was hard, but felt quite good. I feel really inspired tonight. I hope tomorrow will be a much better day, though today has certainly ended on a high note. =) The picture at the top is meant to be at the bottom...but I'm not that skilled at blogger so I don't know how to do it. Gah!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. from that photo i certainly would NOT label you as grossly overweight!! BE MORE POSITIVE!!! you have been added to the challenge team, sod the deadline, you're too nice!!

    blog or video by friday perleaaase xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat - just wanted to say a quick hi as I'm also on Cat's WLC. Glad to see you're also official now! Just wanted to wish you good luck this week, hope it's going well so far and looking forward to your next update which will hopefully be a video! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cat... am also doing the weight loss challenge. Fantastic first post, really enjoyed reading it and your hair does look awesome, it has to be said :)

    Good luck & I look forward tor eading some more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the support ladies =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I'll give you a cookie =)