
Hello peoples!
Tomorrow is actually my weigh in day so I'll be doing my video then. I think I've had a really good week, touch wood. I haven't craved anything; I've had what I wanted. At the same time I've noticed my portion sizes seriously decreasing and the amount of food I actually need to eat before I'm feeling full shocks me sometimes. I've barely snacked because I find it unsatisfying now, as it doesn't fill me up.
I think the key thing about this way of eating is that eating when you're truly hungry is the best metabolism stimulant there is. That's why breakfast is the most important meal of the day - even if you don't feel like it - because it completely kick-starts your body into burning off the calories. Even if you just have a couple of bites of an apple or something, it's better than nothing and WILL mean the pounds come off quicker.
I just though I'd let everyone know my weight...though I'm sinfully ashamed of it. Maybe I'll give you a breakdown of how much I've weighed in the past, and why I've got to where I am now, so you can understand it a little better (not that there's any excuse for letting yourself go the way I have).
At 15 years old I finished school, finally discovered hair mousse and eyeliner, and stopped looking like meatloaf. This was extremely liberating for me, so I started to do the detox diet as well, determined to make the most of myself. I started to walk everywhere and was far more active than I'd ever been. I was 13 stone 9lbs at my prom in February. By August, I was 11 stone 11lbs, and that is the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life.

I went to college and started working at a cinema, keeping my weight quite steadily at 12 stone, which I actually felt very comfortable at. I had plenty of guys interested (well, not plenty, but the right ones) and I was very happy for a year or so. Then, the love of my life (still the love of my life) broke up with me and moved away. I went into mega rebound mode, ended up in a horrible relationship with a horrible guy, and my weight went up to around 14 stone 7lbs.
Once I finally got the courage to break up with him, I had a few months to enjoy being single, before getting into a relationship with a lovely guy called Paul. We were very good together for about 6 months and he treated me like the most beautiful girl in the world. However, I stopped caring about my weight because I was so happy. I remember vividly weighing myself when I got back from my gap year in Australia, and seeing that I weighed 15 stone 12lbs.
Things with Paul fizzled out, and I went to University. While at Uni I fluctuated between 14stone 12 to 15 stone 4. I went to the gym an awful lot in first year but couldn't seem to shift much weight. In my last month of first year, I stopped going, started eating absolute crap, and put on lots of weight.
When I got home for summer and stepped on the scales, I was horrified to see 16 Stone blinking back at me. I immediately started a diet called "The Idiot-proof Diet", mainly concerned with eating proteins and good fats. Within 2 months I was 13 and a half stone, and loving it. I had so much confidence and was loving buying new clothes. I know I still wasn't slim, but it felt fantastic. I got all the way down to 13 stone in 2nd year of uni.

Then I met my current boyfriend. As he completely accepted me and loved me, my resolve weakened daily, and I began to eat a LOT. I wasn't exactly happy with where my life was going, and come Christmas of 3rd year I had a massive fallout with my previously mentioned "best friend". By April, I was suddenly 17 stone 10lbs. I can't even explain how this happened. It was like I stopped paying attention, totally started comfort eating. I essentially gave up on myself. Seeing a picture of myself at my friend Frankie's birthday in June, I was pretty horrified to see how big I'd got.

I've pulled myself out of that now, having maintained that horrible weight for around 8 months. Last Wednesday, I was 17 stone 12lbs.
Let's see what tomorrow brings eh! And as per Cat's challenge, here is my favourite photo of myself, from when I was 20, and around 13 stone. Excuse the almost falling out booby, and the reflective jacket (it was builder night...)

Thanks for reading =)
xxx
there is absoltely no need to be ashamed of your weight and im so proud of you for posting figures on your blog, its something myself and many others have refused to do... i wish i could do it but i just havent been able to...
ReplyDeletei really, really enjoyed this.
you're an inspiration x
I totally agree with what Cat said ^ I wish I had the guts to put up my weight, although I'm hopeing when I get down to my goal.
ReplyDeleteHope you've had a good start to the week, looking forward to your vid tomorrow :).
X
Again, agreement with Cat. I dont have the guts to do what you have done. Maybe when I get to somewhere I am comfortable with I may talk about it then. But also a big part of me feels that no one else needs to know how much I weigh. But completely admire you for posting it.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading this post and am looking forward to you video :)
SJ xxxx
What an inspiration, you should be really proud of yourself xx
ReplyDeleteHey..I'm also taking part in the challenge and thought you might like to watch my videos :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/user/lilyloveslola
x
wow! you posted figures and pics... kudos!
ReplyDeleteyou've inspired me to post mine... let me go dig up some old pics. :P
thanks dear! keep on keeping on and don't lose heart k?