Hello everyone =)
This is my entry for week 3 of Cat's weightloss challenge.
I've had an extremely up and down week. The eating hasn't gone great, mainly due to the fact me and my boyfriend nearly split up, then spent the whole weekend together comfort eating. Fabulous. I almost feel trapped when I'm at his house - like I have to eat everything his Mum puts in front of me because otherwise it's rude, right? But the thing I really dislike is that now I've come to associate going to his house/hanging around with him, to eating bad food. It was one of the reasons we nearly broke up, because while I've been going out with him I have put on 4 stone. I know I can't blame him for it, but he doesn't exactly try to help me lose it. Sometimes I feel like he likes me being big because then no one else will fancy me. Paranoid? Probably.
So, I approached the scales yesterday morning very warily. I'd had 2 kfc meals, 2 big bars of chocolate, a donut and probably some more crap this weekend. I really tried to make up for it on Monday and Tuesday, and was relieved (and utterly astonished) to see that I'd lost 1lb. Not great for my size, but still, a weight loss is better than a gain!
I really don't think I would've stuck with it this long if I didn't have the challenge, so thanks again to the wonderful Cat for arranging this, and taking the time to care about 20 or so other people. Some of you girls are really really helping me pick myself up as well with your comments, so another little thanks to Charlotte, Lucy and Rebecca. It's great to see (nearly) everyone still doing the challenge and doing so well!
I love Cat's challenge this week as exercise is something I've really been putting off. Yesterday I did lots of time on the Wii, using Just Dance and Wii Fit Plus, and I felt so much better afterwards. My other activity will be to walk for at least half an hour, as before I got my car I used to love walking.
That's that for now, I hope everyone has a brilliant week, and well done to Lisa for losing 9lbs last week!
xxx
well done for the 1lb!! its still a loss, with regards to your boyfriend i really think you should talk to him, Stew is unbelievably supportive, he eats weight watchers meals with me EVERY night (but has a much bigger portion) motivates me to exercise, and wont let me have things he knows ill feel guilty about (chocolate, burgers etc). In my personal opinion if he isnt being supportive and helping you then maybe your suspicions could be right... he should love you for you no matter how big or small you are, and if losing weight is making you happy he should do absolutely EVERYTHING in his power to help you. For example, if stew wants a mcdonalds or something like cheese on toast he will go and buy it or make it and then eat it in the kitchen or in his car so i dont have to see/smell it.
ReplyDeleteWith regards to stews parents, his mum cooks amazing food in quite large portions, its all healthy but she does like to ask if i want dessert!! when i went to stay there at christmas stew put her under strict instructions not to try and 'feed me' and i noticed that she was giving me less potatoes and more veg etc without making it obvious to everyone else. when she said 'do you want anything else?' and i said no stew would say things like 'and thats the end of it mum' haha!!
I'd advise you to talk to him AND his parents, explain your goals, that your unhappy and that you're losing weight to feel better about yourself and you NEED to do it for your own health etc... if they arent supportive then maybe you need to think things over... good luck!! email me if you need me xxxxxxxxx
Weldone on the loss hun, your definitely doing something right! :) You could tell your boyf's mum that your trying to watch your weight & hopefully she'l bare it in mind when she's preparing meals.
ReplyDeleteLike Cat said, you should be totally honest with your boyfriend, im sure he wants to support you.
Have a great week, you CAN do it.
X
Well done on the loss hun :)
ReplyDeleteDef have to tell your bf how you feel and i can almost guarantee he will be so supportive of you and help you and even join in?
xxx
I think everything that Cat says is 100% correct. I understand on the boyf's mum bit because mine likes to feed me up and I can't say 'no' to her at all. Well done for losing the 1lb still, that's a major achievement xx
ReplyDeleteA loss is a loss x my bfs mums the same she gives me loads and I feel rude not eating it, good luck for this week xx
ReplyDelete