But as I read back through my earlier posts I realised that blogging was always primarily for me - to keep me focused on my weightloss journey, to articulate how I'm feeling and thinking and to get support from other girls going through similar things. I need to keep my blog going because it inspires and motivates me - whether anyone's reading or not!
So, I started my weight loss journey on here at 17 stone and 12 pounds. I have never weighed that much before and I never want to weigh that much ever, ever again.
I joined the gym with my friend Michelle (who is incredibly motivated, incredibly fit, and goes to the gym 5 days a week) so that I could start exercising and feeling fit and healthy again. Eating well seems to only go so far for me - unless I have the exercise sorted, it's very easy to slip back into the old ways.
So I went for my induction with a fitness trainer who took my current weight as being 16 stone and 7 pounds. So I've lost nearly a stone and a half since the WLC challenge began =) Very pleased with that! Anyway, he drew me up a fitness programme which to me seems very low impact and tame - I don't know if it's because I'm used to killing myself with the Shred but it didn't seem like I'd be working out for long enough, or hard enough! However, he's the expert so I guess I'll put my faith in him...
He also said that I should aim to eat about 6 small meals a day, having carbs for breakfast then slowly weaning them out throughout the course of the day until the evening, where I shouldn't have any. I actually think this is extremely sensible and makes a lot of sense - I feel like a twat for not thinking of it before. Carbs in the morning will naturally be burnt off during the course of the day, and eating so often will ensure my metabolism stays working constantly. I'm really excited to see how I take to this way of eating.
I went to see Flight of the Conchords at Wembley Arena on Tuesday night and they were AMAZING. If you've never heard of them or watched their show before, I can't recommend them enough. I am oddly attracted to Jemaine...which is weird as I don't normally go for massive lips and giant lapels.

I noticed that Cat has got back on Weight Watchers and Charlotte is posting some really motivating stuff on her blog. Hopefully all us girls can feel a little bit better about ourselves this summer, knowing we're really trying to make a change because we all deserve it.
xxx
cant wait to see how you get on with this!! x
ReplyDeleteYou're doing really well so far, keep up the good work. Regular exercise means you can treat yourself occasionally. Cutting things out, in my opinion, makes it far too hard!
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
x
I know I'm late to the party but well done!
ReplyDeleteDuring my first year of uni, I lived opposite a KFC and piled. On. The. Pounds. Anyway, I joined a gym and did all that shit. Good luck! I feel the burn ;)
Allie x